Owning a home is a dream for most people and when purchasing that home there are certain reasons that guide the choice. As time goes on and a home needs change, it sometimes become necessary to think about adding more space to the house or purchasing a larger home. After careful consideration the additional space solution may be to contact a home addition contractor.
A room addition is a great way to transform your home and give you the necessary amenities and space that you've been longing for.Creating a room addition from scratch is not an easy task and it is essential to choose the right design build team and contractor to guide the project and perform the work.
Let’s discuss the six benefits of a room addition.
1. Multiple PossibilitiesWhen it comes to updating a home, more space is often high on the wish list and a room addition is the obvious solution. A bedroom addition will give you the additional square footage for a variety of purposes including an extra bedroom, home office, larger bathroom, workshop or hobby room, or additional living space. The additional space may serve one purpose at the current time and have another use at a later date.
2. Room for More Family MembersFirst time home buyers may buy a new home with immediate needs in mind, however, a home addition will provide more space for a growing family if and when children come along or space is necessary to accommodate a parent or other family member. An addition will also offer the possibility of a guest room when the out-of- town friends or relatives come to visit.
3. Added Value of Home AdditionDepending on the size of the home, a room addition could add value to the home. A three bedroom home would certainly be more valuable than a two bedroom home. Adding a room for the purpose of becoming a home office or fitness area would also attract attention if and when it is time to sell the home.
4. An Economical Solution to MovingPerhaps you like the home and the surrounding neighborhood, but you’ve outgrown the house? Relocating to a new home means putting down new roots, establishing new routines and placing children in different schools. Not to mention the packing and un-packing involved with moving. When additional space is necessary; adding on to your house with another bedroom and bathroom would certainly be less expensive than packing it all up, hiring a mover or gathering up family and friends to help move and relocating elsewhere. The construction process may take a little longer than the moving process, but working with a Professional home addition contractor with proper planning and execution of the project, a room addition will be less disruptive.
5. A Room Addition can Add or Improve Natural LightSometimes the desire is to increase natural light and it can be accomplished by adding a sunroom to the home. It will also increase natural light to surrounding rooms and areas that would otherwise be left in the dark. A sunroom will allow the capture of warmth and light resulting in a savings with the energy bill. A sunroom will allow family members and guest to enjoy the great outdoors in comfort and protection from the elements such as rain, snow or wind. Such additional space will provide an area for fun, as well as relaxation and serve as an area for family members to gather for group activities.
6. Additional FunctionalityDepending on where the room addition is placed, it can help minimize wear and tear in other areas of the home, especially high traffic areas. A room addition is often the solution to create quiet areas that are otherwise subject to foot traffic or gathering areas. It can be used for a specialized use such as a guest room, home office or playroom for the children. There’s always the option to add that master suite you’ve been wanting to relax in.
[Read More: The Benefits of a Whole Home Addition]